How to Attach a Gumball Machine to a Stand
Attaching a Gumball Machine to a stand can be a little tricky. These instructions should help with the process. We have created a video that shows the process, or for more detail you can scroll down for additional instructions and pictures.
Here are the steps for attaching your gumball machine to a stand:
1. Assemble the stand – Your gumball machine stand has three parts: the large circular base, the pipe and a small round flange. The pipe is threaded on each end and should screw directly into both the base and the flange.
2. Disassemble the center-rod/base-plate assembly from the rest of the gumball machine.
- Use your key to unlock the lid of the gumball machine (insert key into lock and turn the key counterclockwise until the lock releases from the center rod).
- Remove the key (with the lock now attached) completely from the lid of the gumball machine.
- While grasping the colored base of the gumball machine, and supporting the globe with your body, lift the entire machine off of the silver base plate. A partner can help by pulling down on the silver base plate, but it should not take too much force to separate the silver base plate from the body of your gumball machine.
3. Use the included screws to attach the base plate of the gumball machine to the top of the stand.
- Place the gumball machine base-plate on the top flange of the stand and align the holes (2 screws are generally enough to secure the machine to the stand).
- Insert the screws downwards through the base-plate into the stand and tighten (the flange on top of the stand has holes that are threaded so it is important that the head of the screw ends up on top of the machine base plate).
4. Reassemble the gumball machine on top of the stand.
- Lifting the machine by the color base place it back over the center rod and onto the base plate (the base plate is directional and should have the front marked – be sure to line up the base plate with the front of your gumball machine).
- Insert the lock back into the lid of your gumball machine and use the key to turn the lock clockwise until the machine is once again locked (be careful not to over tighten the lock of your gumball machine as this can break the pins in your lock).
Here are two additional videos on how to assemble your gumball machine stand: