Chocoholics of the world, unite here! Gumballs.com is the place for chocolate lovers and addicts. Our chocolate is only available during the spring, winter and fall months because we do not want to take a chance on that good chocolatiness melting in transit to your door. No one in the household wants melted bulk chocolate candy. We carefully select chocolate products for taste and color appeal and have a wide selection. Zero sales tax and the ubiquitous freshness guarantee inform every purchase of chocolate candy made at gumballs.com
How is Chocolate Candy Made?
The process of making bulk candy from chocolate involves quite a few basic steps. Cacao beans are harvested, fermented, dried, roasted, cracked and winnowed, tempered, molded and wrapped. Each step requires care and diligence to ensure a quality final product.
- Cocoa beans grow in pods from the branches & trunk of the cocoa tree. To harvest, remove the ripe pods from the trees and open them, extracting the wet beans.
- Fermentation involves the bean with the fibrous portion surrounding the bean, usually covered with banana leaves until the whole mass ferments.
- Drying the pods involves setting them out in the sun for optimum dehydration. Optimally dehydrated beans result in a top quality product.
- Roasting the beans brings out the optimum flavor for maximum effectiveness.
- Cracking and winnowing allows the beans to start forming a paste, thus appearing more like chocolate.
- Remaining steps further modify the composition of the chocolate and bring it to its final form.