Branch out from a gumball & candy vending route to something bigger and more impactful. Hot Dogs, sausages, snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy, mucho nachos, and other similar treats can help take a small business to a larger size. Gumballs.com is the most thorough provider of these essential concession supplies and equipment. We carry these business growers built to order by top manufacturers in the country. Browse the growing section of concession equipment. Order online to receive the same great products and services that Gumballs.com has delivered to our customers consistently throughout two decades.
Many of our customers have started asking us recently what we think of the concessions industry as a supplement to the vending lifestyle. At Gumballs.com, we think that selling concessions is a natural fit for people with a vending route and presents plenty of upside.
- Concessions are Event Based: One of the major perks of creating a bulk vending career for yourself is that it breaks you away from the 9-5 corporate lifestyle and allows you freedom to live your life. As long as you carve out time to service your machines and collect your quarters, you can run a business that does not care if you clock in first thing in the morning or if you knock off early to go fishing or to catch a movie. Concessions share many of these same benefits. Concessions do require long hours for the length of the event, but once the event is over, you are free until the next event that you are signed up to sell at.
- Concessions have Great Profit Margins: When you look at the profit margins associated with concessions, they are through the roof. You can buy one ounce of popcorn kernels for less than 6 cents and then pop those kernels and sell the bag of popcorn for $2-$3. The cost of a cone of cotton candy is around 15 cents per cone. Snow cone syrup ends up being less than $10/gallon. If you have the cash to buy your equipment and supplies, a concession stand at a high volume event will quickly cover your startup cost and start providing supplemental income to your bulk vending business.
- Bulk Vendors Understand the Power of Location:People with bulk vending routes understand the power of a good location and are already experts at talking to business owners to secure those locations for their machines. The same skills are essential to running a profitable concession business. Getting into the right location with a favorable entry fee can make or break a concession business.
- Cash is King: Concessions are a cash based business. Most people expect to pay with cash and bring cash to events with concessions. This is just a fact of life. You already know and love the benefits of collecting quarters out of your bulk vending machines, adding another cash based supplemental income is an easy extension. If you would like to stand out from the crowd, you can also easily and cheaply start accepting credit cards through services like PayPal Here or Stripe. Credit card transactions allow you to increase the average sale size and sell to more people and all you need to get started is a smart phone with a data connection.
- The barriers to entry into the concessions world are as low as they have ever been. We recommend that people start by attending a couple of events at your local fair grounds and see what concessions are being offered and notice where some of the gaps might be. Once you have an idea of what is not currently being sold at your local events it is an easy conversation to approach the event organizer and start the process of having your concessions included at their next event.