Nacho Cheese Supplies
There are no products listed under this category.
Selling mucho nachos is a tried and true way to make serious income; and by getting the chips, cheese sauce, trays etc from Gumballs.com, less of that money will go out in payment for supplies than might if you bought from a different merchant. Nacho Cheese supplies, backed by our freshness guarantee, come with no sales tax added to the price.
The History of Nachos?
- Nachos began in the city of Piedras Negras, in Coahuila. This is a lovely Mexican town just across the border from Texas.
- >Back in 1943, there were some US Soldiers stationed nearby. The wives ended up in Piedras N. after restaurant closing time. In characteristically lavish Mexican hospitality, the owner of the restaurant (named "Nacho") did not want them to go hungry, so he quickly created something from what was left over in the kitchen. A few tortillas cut into triangles and fried, some cheese - heat the combination - and some jalapenos atop the finished product. The US wives were delighted and asked what the dish was called? "Nacho's Especiales". Well over time, the name got Americanized to "Special Nachos" and hopped the border, becoming popular in Texas and throughout the Southwest.
- Also over time, a "ballpark nachos" version was invented, using cheese sauce.
- The original retauranteur, Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya died in 1975. In his honor, and October 21 was declared the International Day of the Nacho.
- Gumballs.com celebrates the International Day of the Nacho every day by not charging sales tax on our Nacho Cheese supplies.